Monday, October 15, 2012

DINNER AT THE SPENCE

Hello everyone, hope you had a good weekend. I went to The Spence for the first time last night for a family birthday dinner. We had a great time, the food was innovative and the desserts were ridiculous. The restaurant decor was right up my ally. The first thing I noticed was the glowing ball light fixture, it looks like massive buoys caught in a fishing net. I love the colors and furniture choices, especially the Eames style molded plastic stools. The unique aspect of this space is the very open bar and kitchen. Both stations are built as a part of the dining room. The kitchen prep line is built to look like a free standing kitchen island and a large chefs table faces the action. The bar is actually just a double sided counter for the bartenders with two bar height communal tables flanking it. It's a very unusual concept and I imagine it makes the bar goers feel like they are hanging out in someones swanky kitchen. Both of these stations have floating shelves above them to highlight them. I found some great pictures from photographer Shannon Sturgis of the new Midtown hotspot.







photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers