Thursday, August 2, 2012

INSPIRED BY: OLYMPICS LOGO

Is everyone getting in to the Olympic spirit? While the games are obviously fun to watch but I'm really enjoying following the direction London went with their graphics. I wasn't impressed with the London 2012 logo when I first saw it. Standing alone, it looks like something you would have seen on MTV in the 80's. But as I started to see some of the new arenas and fly-bys of the public spaces; it all started to make sense to me and now I'm in love. The super angular and geometric theme has been carried throughout all of the branding material, architecture and city wayfinding. The vibrant, high chroma colors are a refreshing change from the traditional Olympic color scheme and they are easy to spot in the background of any game. I pulled together some home goods and accessories to get you into the spirit of Wolff Olins' hot pink logo!
1. Overdyed Pure Wool Rug  2. Delta Table Lamp  3. Hot Pink Chalcedony Necklace
 4. Speck Geometric Rubber iPhone Case  5. Linen Tea Towel


The cohesive and contemporary branding for this years Olympics was meant to inspire the next generation; a theme talked about a lot in the opening ceremonies. McCann World Group oversaw the overall branding in collaboration with the London organization committee. My favorite part is the visual identity and way-finding, created by Future Brand and seen below.









Another cool design that cohears with the angular, geometric look of the London Olympics is the Winner's Podium, seen below. It was designed by Kims of Design, a group of students from the Royal College of Art in London. The students also designed the Ceremonial Costumes.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers