Monday, July 9, 2012

A PORCH WORTH SITTING ON

David and I have been doing a lot of yard work this summer. We've lived in the same rental house for a couple years now and in the past we haven't had the interest in landscaping considering that the house isn't ours. This spring we made the decision to stick around for a while and with that choice came a whole new list of projects. Luckily, my mom moved to Atlanta in June so we have a professional home owner to teach us some Gardening 101. After a few laborious weekends we have a nicely improved yard with the groundwork laid for more plants next year. Now that our front yard is no longer an eye sore we've been migrating toward the front of our house, peaking out the windows at our labor of love. This inspired the bonus project- a front porch worth sitting on! Now is a great time to buy outdoor furniture and accessories, I always recommend that my clients wait until summer is here or on the way out to buy outdoor products because the seasonal sales are well worth the wait. A couple years ago I got outdoor pillows for our back porch from Restoration Hardware, $70.00 marked down to $17.00! Below is the shopping list for my $400.00 front porch update! 


Clockwise from top left: 
AKERBAR from Ikea- This glazed Terracotta dish is perfect for serving summer snacks.


Pagoda Blue Metal Table from Cost Plus World Market- This table was marked down from $49.99 to $16.99 and inspired the color pallet for the porch.


Claude Planters from West Elm- West Elm is having a great outdoor sale right now these Earthware planters went from $16.99, $34.00 and $69.00 to sale prices $9.99, $12.99 and $24.99


HOGSTEN from Ikea- I got two of these outdoor chairs along with the wire table as an early Birthday present (thanks Mom). I am very impressed with Ikea's newest outdoor furniture, it took me a long time to finalize my choice there. I went with this steel and Ployethylene chair because of the mix between contemporary Scandinavian design and kitschy rattan, it was also the most comfortable.


Outdoor Mosaic Texture Pillow from West Elm- These pillows are marked down from $34.00 and they will be a great color tie in for my new porch look!


Suzanne Kasler Ikat Rug from Ballard Designs- This indoor/outdoor runner is defiantly my big splurge item. While Ballard does have some great markdowns on outdoor rugs right now, I have to have this brand new runner (that was clearly made for my new front porch).


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers